Tuesday, July 26, 2011

L.A. Colors Review (6 Products)

L.A. Colors Review

I was sent six products to review. The Glittering Starlet Eyeshadow Palette in  Bette, the Baked Eyeshadows in Neptune, the Glitter Liner in Iced, the Moisturizing Glossy Lips Sheer Lipgloss in Strawberry Jam, the Art Deco Nail Art Laquer, & the Color Craze Nail Polish in Lightning. 


Glittering Starlet Eyeshadow Palette in GP85 Bette

These are very bright & colorful eyeshadows that are full of chunky glitter. Most of them are very pigmented. When used with an eyeshadow primer, they will last all day long. Personally, I have to avoid all of the pretty glitter shadows because I have very sensitive eyes and most glitter eyeshadows have a lot of glitter fallout and if it gets in my eyes, they become very irritated. If you are a person who likes to wear bold, bright colors with glitter ... you will LOVE this palette. There is a mirror in the middle of the compact so you can apply on the go if you'd like! Here are the swatches below. (The top rows have NYX White Eyeshadow Base under them and the bottom rows have no primer.)



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Baked Eyeshadow Quad in Neptune

I really loved these eyeshadows. They are SUPER pigmented, with and without a primer. I did not try applying them wet, but you can do that with baked eyeshadows. The colors are very beautiful. You can create many different looks with this quad, combining different color combinations. My favorite was the purple & the gold together.Again, here are the swatches below. Top
 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glitter Liner in Iced

I really liked this product as well. I had accidentally tried a similar product not too long ago. I order a cream liner from Urban Decay in Pyrotechnics. I somehow thought I was getting a black liner but got something that looked exactly like this product, but it was like the consistency of what you would expect in a lip gloss in a tin. So, I liked the concept of a glitter liner. I thought it would be nice to dress up a neutral look a bit with a wash of glitter under your bottom lashes. However, I was disappointed with the performance of the UD liner. This product really delivers. The lines are visible and are very beautiful. I love it. Swatches below:


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moisturizing Glossy Lips Sheer Lipgloss in Strawberry Jam

This lip gloss look very pretty on the lips. It is sheer and has some shimmer to it. The formula is very thick & has a sticky/tacky consistency. Some people really like that kind of formula because I believe it is more long lasting than a more slippery formula. I prefer a silkier gloss, so this gloss really isn't for me. But I did really like the way it looked on my lips, and I liked the packaging. When you screw off the lid it has a brush applicator (just like a Stila lip glaze.) Here is how it looked on my lips:


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color Craze Nail Polish in Lightning

This nail polish color is gorgeous!!! I love it! My nails are a total mess and I need a manicure. So my sister-in-law modeled the polish for me, and she loved it too!!! It is the perfect color for summer. It is so bright!! The color reminds me of a bright, hot salmon color or a neon pink. Two coats look exactly like it does in the bottle. The bottle says it has nail hardeners in it, so it would be a good formula for those with thin or brittle nails (which I have.) I have seen many colors in this line and they are all so beautiful and bright. She has had the polish on for a week and it still looks like it did when she first put it on. I tried it myself too and really, really liked it. Photos below:


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art Deco Nail Art Laquer

I already owned this color, and I have about ten of these in all. They have a skinny brush applicator that allows you to draw nail designs on your nails. There are so many creative things you can do with your nails with this product. I don't have a photo to show you, but you get a lot of glitter with just one brush stroke. These are amazing and very inexpensive. I think they are readily available, at least in my area. I think they are a must have ... in every color!

Overall, the quality of L.A. Colors is amazing. It exceeds your expectations from such an inexpensive product. Since I found the makeup brushes I raved about in my video (when I decided to give some away) I have purchased many more of the products in the line. I have not been disappointed once. These products are definitely worth trying!









3 comments:

  1. omg the pallet they sent you to review is amazing i wish i would find that one there so pigmented and they have glitter 2 things in one =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo they sell some of this stuff at our little dollar store, ive been wanting to try their glitter liners... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glitter liner. Really beautiful. I'm a fan of LA colors too.

    ReplyDelete